[torqueusers] nodes difference for job

akshar bhosale akshar.bhosale at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 04:44:55 MST 2012

hi,
We have torque 2.5.8 and maui 2.3.6 configured on centos 5.2 cluster.
we have 2 partitions using maui of the nodes parA and parB. checkjob
<job id> says that job should go to one of the nodes from parA say
node5. checknode node5 says that it is waiting for job to get on it.
showstart says that job should start now on the node5; but
unfortunately job remians in idle state in spite of availability of
node. "Also checkjob -vvv <job id> does not show any of the nodes from
parA and rejected for all the nodes from parB." it should have shown
some nodes form parA atleast. this is with only a perticular type of
job all the other jobs dont have this problem.

script is as follows :

#PBS -N myjob
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=16
#PBS -l walltime=24:00:00
#PBS -e error2.txt
#PBS -o output2.txt
#PBS -r n
#!/bin/bash
##PBS -V
echo PBS JOB id is $PBS_JOBID
echo PBS_NODEFILE is $PBS_NODEFILE
echo PBS_QUEUE is $PBS_QUEUE
cat  $PBS_NODEFILE
cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
/home/raman/NAMD_2.8_Linux-x86_64/charmrun +p8
/home/raman/NAMD_2.8_Linux-x86_64 namd2 npt18.inp > npt18.out