[torqueusers] job submission torque 4.0.2

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 28 12:12:27 MDT 2012

On 06/28/2012 08:29 AM, Delphine Ramalingom wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a question about the syntax to submit serial jobs with torque 4.0.2.
>
> I used to write in my script :
> #PBS -l select=1:ncpus=1:mem=1gb
> but I've noticed that my job saty in queueand checkjob tells me that :
> job is deferred.  Reason:  NoResources
>
> I tried :
> #PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=1,mem=1gb
> and my job is running.
>
> Waat is the good synthax ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Delphine

Hi Delphine

You seem to have answered your own question,
the syntax that works is the second one, with 'nodes' and 'ppn'.
It works for us here too.
My recollection is that the first syntax, which already appeared
in questions to this mailing list, is from another
job scheduler, not from Torque.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa