[torqueusers] pbs_mom connections to 127.0.0.1:15001

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Thu Jun 28 12:01:31 MDT 2012

Hi David,

not a dumb question at all ...
I was absoultely sure that I have $pbsserver and server_name setup
correctly, but I checked mom_priv/config nevertheless and, yes,
the $pbsserver line is correct. But there was something else:

$clienthost     localhost

This line must have been there ever since we started using torque
and was probably put there just because we copied the initial
configuration from somebody else. Anyway, I did not even know
what $clienthost means. Thus I checked the torque-4.0.1 documentation
and voila $clienthost is marked as depreciated - use $pbsserver instead.
Apparently in earlier versions specifying $clienthost AND $pbsserver
did not matter much, but in 4.0.x is does.
I just removed all $clienthost from all computenodes and the error
messages are gone.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Martin