[torqueusers] How to upgrade 3.x -> 4.x

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Thu Jun 28 10:16:29 MDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:07:06AM -0500, Dave Ulrick wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2012, Svancara, Randall wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I understand your process correctly, everything looks good in theory.
> > I am wondering how the Moab license will react to moving it around to
> > different storage nodes?  I have always done inplace upgrades where I
> > schedule downtime with the users to perform the upgrade and testing.
> > So I will be interested in knowing how this turns out for you.
>
> Good point regarding the Moab license! I suppose I could get around any
> possible issue by running the new TORQUE pbs_server on the same storage
> node but listening on a different port.

The only restriction for the Moab license is that it's nodelocked to the
network node name (output of 'hostname -n') of the system on which the Moab
server process has to run. If you need to move the Moab server from one
host to another, you may need to have Adaptive generate a new license file
based on the name of the new server host.

HTH,

Gabe

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,