[torqueusers] Job does not run - Torque 2.5.11

John Keller jwkeller at alaska.edu
Sun Jun 17 19:19:06 MDT 2012

Hi all,
OK here's a newby question:
I installed Torque 2.5.11 on server chemlinux5, installed mom on
another openSUSE 12.1 system chemlinux2. I just have the default batch
setting. When a user attempts the test job >echo "sleep 30" | qsub ,
the job appears on the qstat list as "R" status, and nothing happens.
I assume that "sleep 30" should be echo-ed on the terminal (although
the manual does not say what should happen). Attached is a screenshot
of current status.
Thanks for any suggestions,
John Keller