[torqueusers] torque 4.0.2

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Jun 15 09:45:42 MDT 2012

I don't think that pbs_sched is the way to go for a basic setup - I
recommend Maui. I think pbs_sched takes some more work before it will
actually start scheduling (perhaps someone else with more experience with
pbs_sched can offer some quick setup steps?) but once you get Maui talking
to pbs_server it will run jobs for you. I recommend you go that way.

David

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Delphine Ramalingom <
delphine.ramalingom at univ-reunion.fr> wrote:

> Dear David,
>
> I've installed torque 4.0.2, but job stay in queue unless I make a qrun
> as root.
> I've installed the default pbs_sched.
> momctl diagnoses that no local jobs detected : that's wrong...
>
> Have you got an idea what is the problem ? thanks.
>
> # qstat
> Job id                    Name             User            Time Use S Queue
> ------------------------- ---------------- --------------- -------- - -----
> 29.metis                   ExampleJob       dramalin               0 Q
> batch
> 32.metis                   ExampleJob       dramalin               0 Q
> batch
>

> # momctl -h metis.univ.run -d 0
>
> Host: metis.univ.run/metis.univ.run   Version: 4.0.2   PID: 2807
> Server[0]: metis.univ.run (10.90.0.12:15001)
>   Last Msg From Server:   281 seconds (DeleteJob)
>   Last Msg To Server:     41 seconds
> HomeDirectory:          /var/spool/torque/mom_priv
> MOM active:             1947 seconds
> LogLevel:               0 (use SIGUSR1/SIGUSR2 to adjust)
> NOTE:  no local jobs detected
>
> diagnostics complete
>
> # momctl -p 15002 -h metis.univ.run -d 3
> ERROR:    query[0] 'diag3' failed on metis.univ.run (errno=0 - Success :
> 0 - Success)
>
> delphine
>

> Le 13/06/12 20:09, David Beer a écrit :
> > Delphine,
> >
> > This is an issue that is fixed in subsequent releases of 4.0.0. Please
> > download 4.0.2:
> >
> http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/downloads/torque/torque-4.0.2.tar.gz
> > and the problem will be resolved.
> >
> > David