[torqueusers] setting checkpoint defaults for queue

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:18:09 MDT 2012

Ok,

Small bug that has been, well, bugging me for a bit.

	[root at hamming ~]# qmgr
	Max open servers: 10239
	Qmgr: set queue short checkpoint_defaults = enabled
	Qmgr: set queue short checkpoint_defaults +=  shutdown
	qmgr obj=short svr=default: PBS server internal error checkpoint_defaults

Hmmm. Ok, so I cannot use "+=" for setting the checkpoint_defaults. I'll go by the docs at http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/torque/3-0-5/a.bserverparameters.php#checkpoint_defaults

	Qmgr: set queue short checkpoint_defaults = "enabled, shutdown"

That seems to work..

	Qmgr: p q short
	#
	#
	#
	# Create and define queue short
	#
	create queue short
	set queue short queue_type = Execution
	set queue short checkpoint_defaults = enabled
	set queue short checkpoint_defaults +=  shutdown
	set queue short enabled = True
	set queue short started = True
What? Wait... That += syntax is not valid, so it should not be showing it that way...
This is irritating because I use qmgr -c 'p s' to backup my configurations.

So, can we please get checkpoint_defaults to allow += OR stop it from being shown that way when I print the configuration?

Thanks!

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School