[torqueusers] PBS_Server just stop responding

Ian Miller ianm at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 13 21:41:59 MDT 2012

Hi All,
I have a 34 node cluster running CentOS 6 with torque 2.5.7 and maui 3.3.1
When a user submits a job to a node and it takes up pretty much all of the resources on the server I've noticed that qsub and qstat will stop responding.  My fix is to restart the pbs_server. My question Is this a config on the mom side that needs to be changed or is this a pbs_server end config that needs to be looked at.  Users will submit jobs that from time to time will kill a node but the rest of the cluster should not suffer.

 -i

Ian Miller
Systems Administrator
Ecology & Evolution