[torqueusers] qsub -l file=

Chris Evert chris.evert at geokinetics.com
Tue Jun 12 14:36:49 MDT 2012

(Torque|Maui)Users,

We have threaded applications, so when we submit jobs, we use

qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=16 etc.

But now, we want to ensure enough local disk space for processing (200G,
some nodes have more space than others).

When we try

qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=16,file=200gb etc.

maui won't schedule the job, because we have no nodes with 200gb x 16
disk space.

When we try

qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=16,file=12gb etc.

the job is scheduled (we have nodes with >200G disk space free), but
when it runs and writes a local file larger than 12gb, the job is killed
for exceeding ulimit file size.

How can we submit a single job that uses 16 processors and 200G of local
disk space when there is 250G of local disk space available on some
nodes with 16 cpus?

torque 2.3.10
maui 3.3

Thanks,