[torqueusers] Torque 3.0.3 and chroot environment

Kunal Rao kunalgrao at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 10:05:12 MDT 2012

Hi All,

Has anyone tried chroot environment for Torque 3.0.3 or later version ? I'm
thinking of having multiple chroot environment on the same system, each
representing a compute node and build a cluster.

So, even though there are say only 2 physical machines ( 1 server and 1
compute node), we should be able to make a cluster of say 4 nodes. Assuming
that the 1 physical compute node can have 3 chroot environment,
each having its own virtual IP and communicating with the master as 3
independent compute nodes. Head node / server will see as if there are 4
nodes and the scheduler will aallocate jobs accordingly.

Is this feasible and can work without any source code modifications to pbs
server  / pbs mom ?

Thanks,
Kunal