[torqueusers] Segmentation fault when using OpenMPI -pernode option

Damian Montaldo damianmontaldo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:44:05 MDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Damian Montaldo
<damianmontaldo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Gus Correa <gus at ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Damian
>>
>> Did you build your OpenMPI with Torque support?
>> Or did you install it from a Debian package?
>
> Hig Gus, I just install de Debian package of torque an openmpi (both
> form the Debian repository)
>
>> The Debian OpenMPI package [if it exists] may not
>> have Torque support.
>> In this case, the mpiexec/mpirun probably won't
>> know how to coordinate with Torque regarding
>> nodes, cores, resources, etc.
>>
>> You can do
>> 'mpicc --showme'
>> to see if
>> '-ltorque'
>> appears there.
>>
>> I hope this helps,
>> Gus Correa
>
> $ mpicc --showme
> gcc -I/usr/lib/openmpi/include -I/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi
> -pthread -L/usr/lib/openmpi/lib -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal -ldl
> -Wl,--export-dynamic -lnsl -lutil -lm -ldl
>
> You're right, thanks a lot!
>
> I'll try build it from source code instead of using the package from Debian.
> If I cloud solve it I'll post it here.

I was looking forward to report this bug but it was reported before here

Build with support for Torque (except on HURD).

I've installed that version (1.4.2-4) but it seems to lack of support.
I'll continue this issue in the debian related lists or in the OpemMPI list.

Thanks.