[torqueusers] Segmentation fault when using OpenMPI -pernode option

Damian Montaldo damianmontaldo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 09:58:48 MDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Gus Correa <gus at ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:
> Hi Damian
>
> Did you build your OpenMPI with Torque support?
> Or did you install it from a Debian package?

Hig Gus, I just install de Debian package of torque an openmpi (both
form the Debian repository)

> The Debian OpenMPI package [if it exists] may not
> have Torque support.
> In this case, the mpiexec/mpirun probably won't
> know how to coordinate with Torque regarding
> nodes, cores, resources, etc.
>
> You can do
> 'mpicc --showme'
> to see if
> '-ltorque'
> appears there.
>
> I hope this helps,
> Gus Correa

$ mpicc --showme
gcc -I/usr/lib/openmpi/include -I/usr/lib/openmpi/include/openmpi
-pthread -L/usr/lib/openmpi/lib -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal -ldl
-Wl,--export-dynamic -lnsl -lutil -lm -ldl

You're right, thanks a lot!

I'll try build it from source code instead of using the package from Debian.
If I cloud solve it I'll post it here.

Thanks again.