[torqueusers] qpeek in contrib

Troy Baer tbaer at utk.edu
Tue Jul 31 12:48:43 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 20:35 +1000, Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:
> We've found a need for a command to look at jobs output before it is
> finished so tried the qpeek script from OSC in the torque contrib
> directory.  With a few minor mods it works fine but I want to check a
> few things (different people may be needed to answer each question):
>
> 1) That qpeek is marked: Copyright 2001, Ohio Supercomputer Center
> but with no author or licensing info. Since it is clearly in a
> contrib(uted) section of an open source project I'm assuming that
> modifying it for local use is fair game - though I'd be cautious about
> redistributing changes.  Does anyone know better?

qpeek is part of PBS tools[1], which is under GPL v2.  The version in
the TORQUE contrib area must be ancient, because the current svn head
version has the following in its header:

# Copyright 2006, 2007 Ohio Supercomputer Center
#
# License:  GNU GPL v2; see ../COPYING for details.

[1] http://www.nics.tennessee.edu/~troy/pbstools/

> 2) If I improve that qpeek, who might I contribute the changes back
> to?

Please send those to me, as I'm retaining PBS tools.

	--Troy
--
Troy Baer, Senior HPC System Administrator
National Institute for Computational Sciences, University of Tennessee