[torqueusers] Torque/maui priority questions.

André Gemünd andre.gemuend at scai.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jul 31 01:26:02 MDT 2012

I'd suggest to use a combination of standing reservation and preemption in this case.
The new department is the owner of a standing reservation on the new nodes with FLAGS=OWNERPREEMPT, setting the nodes in the hostlist. These jobs will be preemptor for the jobs of the other departments on these resources. Depending on the type of jobs you use, you can choose suspension, requeuing or checkpointing. Suspension naturally has the problem that the memory will still be allocated by the running process (its just SIGSTOP, as if you'd press ctrl+z on the tty).

hth
Andre

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----