[torqueusers] Torque/maui priority questions.

Allan Tran tran.v.allan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:54:59 MDT 2012

Sorry if this is a duplicate email.

I need some advice/guidence for following configurations:
Large queue: 20 nodes (unlimited hours)
normal queue: 4 nodes (2 hrs)
And a Route queue to sends job to appropriate large/small based on resource
request

Now a new department purchased their own compute nodes (8 nodes) and like
to have 2 queues A (max 4 hours) and B (unlimited walltime)
They will share these nodes with the rest of the cluster users but whenever
they run jobs, they want to have the first priority to use new 8 nodes
(queue A and/or B)

What I'm thinking now is add a new group for this department and only allow
people in the group to run in A or B but I think that will prevent everyone
else from using these nodes when the nodes are idle.
Can anyone provide me a good solution? Thank you much.
I'm running torque 2.3.6 and maui 3.2.6p21

Allan