[torqueusers] Job not running due to features when node name specified

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Mon Jul 30 10:23:15 MDT 2012

I am a bit confused as to how to troubleshoot and understand why this is.

Running torque 2.5.12 and moab 6.1.6
I submit a job with a specific node:
	qsub -l nodes=compute-3-1
It queues up fine, but never runs.
qshow shows it as eligible and queued.
When I run checkjob -v on it it says it shows:
	compute-3-1              rejected: Features

??? Um ok...
qstat shows:
    Resource_List.nodect = 1
    Resource_List.nodes = compute-3-1
    Resource_List.pmem = 1gb

But I can force it with 'qrun 839' and it does run on the node requested.

One thing I would REALLY like to know is how to determine the specific features a job is being rejected for on a particular node.
And why would a job be rejected due to features when it clearly can and should run?

FWIW, compute-3-1 has no other jobs on it at the time.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California