[torqueusers] A couple of user based questions...

André Gemünd andre.gemuend at scai.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jul 30 01:39:58 MDT 2012

> 2) I did not configure this setup. The only way I’ve found to be able
> to spread four jobs across the four boxes is to specifically request
> a node by name. For example:
> #PBS –l nodes=1:ppn=1
> #PBS –l nodes=vpaybatch01 (and here, for each of the remaining files
> I do 02, 03, 04)
> Is there some way that I can just qsub four jobs and have them each
> go to the next available batch box?

That depends on the scheduler setup. You have to check if you are using maui/moab, or pbs_sched (the builtin scheduler).
For Maui/Moab, have a look at NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/maui/5.2nodeallocation.php

Greetings
André

--
André Gemünd
Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing
andre.gemuend at scai.fraunhofer.de
Tel: +49 2241 14-2193
/C=DE/O=Fraunhofer/OU=SCAI/OU=People/CN=Andre Gemuend