[torqueusers] Torque 2.5.x->4.x upgrade finding already-running jobs?

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Fri Jul 27 09:22:50 MDT 2012

Interesting.  I didn't explicitly enable either one.  I don't know
about the hwloc stuff in 4.x, but don't I have to explicitly compile
in the cpusets code in 2.x?  I don't think I did, in this case.  Would
that have an effect?

In any case, this is why I'm testing this on a staging cluster, not on
our production system.  If I can pull it off, then we can upgrade
without needing to drain the whole cluster.  If not, then we're no
worse off than if I hadn't tried.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab