[torqueusers] A couple of user based questions...

Jack Wilkinson jwilkinson at stoneeagle.com
Fri Jul 27 09:18:23 MDT 2012

Dear list members,  I hope I'm not mis-asking some questions, but you seem to be pretty much my only resource at this point-in-time.

1)      We have a small batch farm, 1 head box, 4 batch boxes.  Assuming that the head box is running, is there a command that I can issue to find out which of the batch boxes are running?

2)      I did not configure this setup.  The only way I've found to be able to spread four jobs across the four boxes is to specifically request a node by name.  For example:
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=1
#PBS -l nodes=vpaybatch01   (and here, for each of the remaining files I do 02, 03, 04)
Is there some way that I can just qsub four jobs and have them each go to the next available batch box?

Thank you!

Jack Wilkinson, Programmer
Services | VPay(r)
P: 972.367-6622
jwilkinson at stoneeagle.com<mailto:jwilkinson at stoneeagle.com>
www.stoneeagle.com<http://www.stoneeagle.com/>
www.vpayusa.com<http://www.vpayusa.com/>

111 W. Spring Valley Rd., #100
Richardson, TX 75081

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you received this email and are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by email reply and destroy all copies of the original message.