[torqueusers] torque qorder command do not work

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Sun Jul 15 19:17:51 MDT 2012

Hi Jinbianbian,

I suspect no-one will want to answer this so I'll give it a go.

Maui (or another scheduler) would usually make decisions about how to order jobs based on a range of policies. In that context, the order that jobs were submitted does not necessarily matter. As such the function of 'qorder' is meaningless.  It would only be useful if you used a scheduler that had a policy to run jobs in a fifo order unless qorder was invoked - but I don't think such a scheduler exists.

I can think of a couple of actions that might help you.
1) use the setspri maui command to set a 'system' priority on jobs to set/force a particular order.
2) enable user priority in your scheduler policy and have users submit jobs with qsub -p (or maybe alter jobs with qalter -p)

Both of these actions will need a raised level of privilege which may or may not be acceptable in your site.

Gareth