[torqueusers] limiting resource usage with torque

Arnau Bria listsarnau at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 07:45:20 MST 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:58:02 +1100
Christopher Samuel wrote:

Hi Christopher,

*Sorry for the delay, busy week!

> My take is that the scheduler will try and reserve whatever you ask it
> for (and defer if it cannot), and the queuing system should enforce
> your request as a limit (if it can).

this is the behaviour I'm seeing, but not the desired :-) I don't
really want that reservation (giving the job some extra freedom in
resource usage).

I really appreciate the explanation you give me this mail. I've
completely understood how torque/MAUI behaves when adding -l option to
qsub. In Torque/MAUI is not possible to kill a job that has used
more than X resources whitout MAUI reservation...

Many thanks for your reply!
Cheers,
Arnau