[torqueusers] memory limit -l mem is not working

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" toth at fi.muni.cz
Tue Jan 10 07:36:08 MST 2012

> Unfortunately, it seems that neither pmem, nor vmem
> does not work too.
>
> For example, if I run 4 jobs requesting 6CPU and 48GB each
> on 48G 24-core node
>
> #PBS -l pmem=8gb,nodes=node32:ppn=6,vmem=48gb
>
> they all are running simultaneously.

Static allocation must be done using a scheduler. The system will only
enforce the maximum amount of memory usable per process. And if a
process goes over this limit it will be killed.

If you want system-level enforcement of resource allocations, you will
have to use a modified version of Torque with support for CGROUPS.

--
Mgr. Simon Toth