[torqueusers] qstat: End of file

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Jan 9 09:54:54 MST 2012

----- Original Message -----

> I have just run into the same problem: deleted some faulty jobs from
> /var/spool/torque/server_priv/jobs,
> and the command "qstat" began to pring the message "qstat: end of
> file", followed by a crash of pbs_server.
>

> In my case, the problem was caused by the fact that deleted jobs
> belonged to a job array.
> The solution was to delete the respective array files from
> /var/spool/torque/server_priv/arrays

As developers, we can't really guarantee that TORQUE will work correctly if you delete the internal files that TORQUE uses. There are many ways to clean up jobs that are faulty, and deleting files should definitely be considered a last resort option.

That being said, I'm surprised to hear that it crashed. If you have a core file and a version number we can consider adding some extra checks to prevent the crash.

--
David Beer
Direct Line: 801-717-3386 | Fax: 801-717-3738