[torqueusers] Bug fixes for 2.x branch

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Jan 6 10:12:42 MST 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Is it true that that all development work has moved to 4.0 leaving
> users with bugs in 2.x waiting for a production release to be ready?
> I've had a problem with pbs_mom's dieing or getting stuck in a loop
> since before Thanksgiving and have been working the case through our
> vendor Penguin Computing. They told me just before christmas that
> they'd contacted Adaptive about the issue and it looked similar to a
> known bug and that they were working on a fix. When I contacted
> Penguin after the break they said that they were now being told that
> the fix will be in 4.0 and we have to wait for that. I find it a
> little disturbing that support for a product is being dropped before
> the next production release is ready. I posted my analysis of the
> problem to this list on December 13 and didn't get any response so
> maybe that is the case, but I'd like to hear that from the
> maintainers of the code.

Mike,

I think there must've been some signals crossed between our support and your vendor at Penguin. Can you email me directly with the case number and I can make sure to straighten things out? We have had development support for bug fixes throughout the push for 4.0. There have been times where new development has taken some of support's resources, but there have also been times where new development has stopped so we can all work on support. I don't know the details of your support ticket, but I would like to apologize that it has taken so long for you to get a solution, and if you message me the details I will be sure to get things worked out.

--
David Beer
Direct Line: 801-717-3386 | Fax: 801-717-3738