[torqueusers] ANNOUNCE: New version of torque python interface (4.3.3)

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Tue Jan 3 06:02:23 MST 2012

=========== 4.3.3

* New generated files for pbs_wrap.c and pbs.py to support python 3.X versions

   Reported by: Steve Traylen <steve dot traylen add cern dot ch<https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/pbs_python/query?status=%21closed&reporter=steve.traylen%40cern.ch>>

   Author: Bas van der Vlies

* Fixed AdvancedParser when using 01-12 range the zero was not appended.

   Reported by: Ramon Bastiaans

   Author: Dennis Stam

* examples/sara_nodes.py: Catch the PBSQuery error if we can not make a

   connection with the batch server and exit the program.

   Author: Bas van der Vlies

* Remove the debian dependency on AdvancedParser. We now have

   our own PBSAdvanceParser so it does not conflict with other SARA

   packages.

   Reported by: Ramon Bastiaans (SARA)

   Fixed by: Bas van der Vlies

* Make pbs_torque only dependend on libtorque instead of torque and adjusted

   the maintainer of the package, closes #30

   Reported by: Guillermo Marcus  <guillermo dot marcus add at gmail dot com>

   Fixed by: Bas van der Vlies

the latest stable pbs_python interface is available from:

            ftp://ftp.sara.nl/pub/outgoing/pbs_python.tar.gz

Information, documentation and reporting bugs for the package:

            https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/pbs_python

===== Brief description =========================================

Pbs_python interface is a wrapper class for the TORQUE C LIB API. Now you can write utilities/extensions in Python instead of C.

--- Testing the package:

The test programs are include as a reference how to use the pbs python module. You have to edit some test programs to reflect your Torque installation.

pbsmon.py        - ascii xpbsmon

rack_pbsmon.py   - ascii xpbsmon by rack layout

pbsnodes-a.py    - pbsnodes -a

pbs_version.py   - print server version

set_property.py  - set some node properties

resmom_info.py   - queries the pbs_mom daemon on the nodes

logpbs.py        - Shows the usage of the PBS logging routines

new_interface.py - Example how to use PBSQuery module

PBSQuery.py      - python <install_path>/PBSQuery.py (has builtin demo)

sara_nodes.py    - We use this program to set the nodes offline/online.

                     when there are no command line arguments. It will list

                     the nodes that are down/offline. For more info see:

                  https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/pbs_python/wiki/TorqueExamples

For more info about SARA see:

            http://www.sara.nl/