[torqueusers] array job and resources

Sergey Bulk sergey_bulk at list.ru
Wed Feb 29 03:17:49 MST 2012

I have torque 2.5.7-9.el6 from epel repo on SL6.
I have 24-core nodes node01-node12.

When requesting resources for an array job

#!/bin/bash
#PBS -t 1-12
#PBS -l nodes=node01:ppn=1+node02:ppn=1+node03:ppn=1+node04:ppn=1+....+node12:ppn=1
#PBS -d .

for f in `seq 1 1000`;
do
    ps aux
done;

I would expect that each job in the array should occupy its own node,
but, instead, -l option is for every job not for the whole array.

So all jobs are running on the node01 because there is enough cores.

What is the correct way to request resources for the whole array job
rather then for the single job in the array?

Thank you,
SN