[torqueusers] PBS_NODEFILE: Undefined variable.

Sreedhar Manchu sm4082 at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:19:33 MST 2012

Hi Gareth,

Overall, I'm not sure whether there is a problem with this version 2.5.10 or there is a problem with the way I installed torque. But for now we wrote a script to check for PBS_NODEFILE variable and if it doesn't exist source the script so that the path of the file in /opt/torque/aux/PBS_JOBID to it. I am adding this to qsub wrapper so that it adds a line to source the script to user's pbs script at the end of pbs directives.

For now this works ok. Recently, tons of jobs failed because of this error. Hopefully, this fixes the problem.

Thanks again for writing.

Regards,
Sreedhar.