[torqueusers] submitting a job, then modify script and resubmit

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 06:15:24 MST 2012

Dear all,
1- Assume I have a script (named scr.sh) like this:

#PBS -N run1
#PBS -V
#PBS -l nodes=1
#PBS -q long
#PBS -o /home/mahmood/run1.out
#PBS -j oe
cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
./run1 config1

2- Then I run
qsub scr.sh

3- the jobs state is 'Q' since all cores are busy. That is fine...
4- while run1 is in 'Q', I reopen scr.sh and change it to

#PBS -N run2
#PBS -V
#PBS -l nodes=1
#PBS -q long
#PBS -o /home/mahmood/run2.out
#PBS -j oe
cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
./run1 config2

5- Then I run
qsub scr.sh

6- this job also is in 'Q' until some cores become free.
7- After some hours, two cores become free and both "run1" and "run2" change to 'R'.

The question is, when run1 change to 'R', will it read its own scr.sh (which contain "./run config1")?
Since the latest modification to scr.sh belongs to run2, I wonder what happen to run1?

You may say that I can test that myself to see the result, but since they stay in 'Q' for long time, I want to be sure about what I am doing.
Hope that I state the problem correctly.

// Naderan *Mahmood;