[torqueusers] Step Change in Job Arrays

Ibad Kureshi U0850037 U0850037 at hud.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 07:47:36 MST 2012

Thanks Glen, Andy

Andy: Nice!

From: torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org [torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Caird [acaird at umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:28 PM
To: Torque Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [torqueusers] Step Change in Job Arrays

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com<mailto:glen.beane at gmail.com>> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Ibad Kureshi U0850037
<U0850037 at hud.ac.uk<mailto:U0850037 at hud.ac.uk>> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering is someone could tell me how to adjust the step size in a job array. We are running Torque 2.5.7 with the PBS_SCHEDD on a small cluster and our users want to submit arrays.
> One the SGE and the Moab/Torque based systems
> $ -t 1-20:2
> or
> #PBS -t 1-20:2
> respectively, gives them 10 jobs with even ID numbers.
> How can this be done with Torque? It throws out "qsub: Bad Job Array Request" error
> Have not been able to find much literature on this.
> Thanks

this is not currently supported, but it is a great feature request.

unfortunately the only option would be to explicitly specify each array ID:

#PBS -t 2,4,6,8,10 ...20

  qsub -t `seq -s, 2 2 20` pbsfile.txt

in case you don't want to type all the numbers.