[torqueusers] Step Change in Job Arrays

Ibad Kureshi U0850037 U0850037 at hud.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 06:57:20 MST 2012

Hello,

I was wondering is someone could tell me how to adjust the step size in a job array. We are running Torque 2.5.7 with the PBS_SCHEDD on a small cluster and our users want to submit arrays.

One the SGE and the Moab/Torque based systems

$ -t 1-20:2

or

#PBS -t 1-20:2

respectively, gives them 10 jobs with even ID numbers.

How can this be done with Torque? It throws out "qsub: Bad Job Array Request" error

Have not been able to find much literature on this.

Thanks

-Ibad Kureshi

---