[torqueusers] requesting gpus

Craig West cwest at vpac.org
Thu Feb 2 22:55:18 MST 2012

Hi Gareth,

> However when I run a job with the recommended syntax:
> http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/torque/3-0-3/3.7schedulinggpus.php
>
> I get:
>>  qsub -I -q viz -l nodes=1:ppn=1:gpus=1
> qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes
>
> The torque version is 3.0.3-snap.201108261653
>
> Note that this is _/not/_ the --enable-nvidia-gpus functionality.
> Also note that the server has not been restarted.
> The scheduler is moab but I’m pretty sure the job gets rejected well
> before moab comes into the picture.
>
> Does anyone have such a setup working or can anyone see what is wrong
> (or have an idea of where to look)?

Your pbsnodes output looks correct and similar to our systems.

Few questions for you:
1. What version of Moab are you running?
2. Does the Viz queue have the ability to schedule to that node?
3. What is in the "Configured Resources" line of "checknode n121"?
    It should have a "GPUS: 2" parameter.

Cheers,
Craig.

--
Craig West                   Systems Manager
Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing
P: +61 3 9925 4751         E: cwest at vpac.org
                          http://www.vpac.org