[torqueusers] prologue script

Tian, Dong dong.tian at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 09:32:02 MST 2012

Dear Experts,

I have a question on how to run prologue script on our TORQUE system, in
order to perform some health check before a job is to be executed.

My first test is print environment variables, but the print never appear in
the output log file. So I suspect the prologue script never runs.

The script is like this,

#!/bin/bash

echo  "Requested Resource: $5"

exit 0

It was placed under /opt/torgue/mom_priv, with file name "prologue". File
permission is set to "-r-x------".

The system was not restarted after the changes, for there are ongoing jobs.

Could someone give me a hint anything I did was wrong or I missed something?

Thanks a lot!
Dong