[torqueusers] MAUI / Torque integration problems.

Coyle, James J [ITACD] jjc at iastate.edu
Fri Dec 14 10:34:25 MST 2012

   I'm a long-time pbs_sched user who would like to transition to using MAUI.

   I seem to have things set up as in the adaptive computing integration guide
at:

   http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/maui/mauistart.php

and using info about parameters from:

http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/maui/13.2rmconfiguration.php

   In particular I changed the following settings:

SERVERNAME            hpcg1.its.iastate.edu
SERVERHOST            hpcg1.its.iastate.edu

# primary admin must be first in list
ADMIN1                root

# Resource Manager Definition

RMCFG[base] TYPE=PBS  HOST=hpcg1.its.iastate.edu

and I removed
SERVERPORT            42559

so that it should use the default port (15003?).

I will append the entire maui.cfg file.

   I can ask the other questions on the mauiusers list I just joined, but this may have
something to do with TORQUE, so I am asking here.

   I appear to have everything running, but jobs just queue.  I can get a job to run
by using qrun.  It looks to me that maui and Torque are not talking.  The maui log
has nothing about any of the jobs that I submitted and deleted, or the ones I
forced to run using qrun.  I am just getting started, so pbs_server, pbs_mom and
maui all run on the same node.  (If I substitute pbs_sched for maui, everything runs fine,
so other than the scheduler and integration, everything else is working fine.)

I am most uncertain about RMCFG:

   Do I need to specify some PORT on RMCFG[base] ?  If so, what should I put?

Anything else wrong with maui.cfg or am I looking in the wrong place?

  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-         Jim

James Coyle, PhD
High Performance Computing Group
 115 Durham Center
 Iowa State Univ.           phone: (515)-294-2099
Ames, Iowa 50011           web: http://jjc.public.iastate.edu/