[torqueusers] tm aware ssh

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Thu Dec 13 16:18:47 MST 2012

> I have a few applications that spawn using ssh and don't support tm,
> There was once on the list a 'pbsssh'  that wrapped pbsdsh to act like
> ssh,
> It looks like that script no longer works and I am scratching my head
> as to getting it working again  (my bash fu is weak).
> Does anyone already have a way they do this?
> The hope is to get correct process reporting, and cleanup for
> applications that don't support TM but spawn with ssh/rsh.
> Thanks!
> Brock Palen

Hi Brock,

We have this (below) in place.  You might need to swallow more ssh options if they are present - and there is no checking that "node" actually gets set to a cluster node name.
Specifying a user would break this... but you would not expect that in a cluster inside a batch job, right?

wil240 at burnet-login:~> cat /apps/ascutils/bin/pbsssh
# $Id: pbsssh 2236 2012-05-02 03:16:17Z wil240 $
# $HeadURL: svn+ssh://stream/cs/home/svn/sysadmin/ascutils/common/pbsssh $

usage="usage: $0 <node name> <command>"

#swallow -x -n and -q (for intel mpi)
while getopts "xqn" opt
shift $((OPTIND-1))