[torqueusers] Question to Torque community regarding display of completed jobs in qstat

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Dec 4 11:37:58 MST 2012

> Ken,
>
> This could work.  There are lots of things that could work.  My point is
> that the default behavior doesn't have any value (except it already
> exists).  I want the users (and myself) to do as little as possible.  I
> asked the question in a way I hoped would discuss if anyone else is
> bothered by the default behavior.  Maybe I am the only one that cares that
> "qstat" generates too much information in a way that I think is unnecessary.
>
> Craig

One case for not changing the default is that Moab and Maui both depend on
completed jobs appearing so that they can harvest appropriate information
from them. This doesn't mean we absolutely can't change it - these could be
made so that they request appropriately based on TORQUE versions - but it
does mean that if we did change it then we'd break backwards compatibility
with older versions of Moab/Maui, which is a significant consideration.

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing