[torqueusers] Question to Torque community regarding display of completed jobs in qstat

Craig Tierney - NOAA Affiliate craig.tierney at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 4 10:58:20 MST 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Ken Nielson <knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM, <Gareth.Williams at csiro.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I’ve seen others’ responses buy no-one has mentioned using showjobs to
>> return info on complete jobs.  It is a potentially useful piece of the
>> broader puzzle – though is not part of answering your specific question.*
>> ***
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Gareth****
>>
>> ** **

Ken,

This could work.  There are lots of things that could work.  My point is
that the default behavior doesn't have any value (except it already
exists).  I want the users (and myself) to do as little as possible.  I
asked the question in a way I hoped would discuss if anyone else is
bothered by the default behavior.  Maybe I am the only one that cares that
"qstat" generates too much information in a way that I think is unnecessary.

Craig