[torqueusers] install torque-4.1 on compute

mike vandewege mike.vandewege at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:35:18 MDT 2012

I'm a noob, I'm building an HPC cluster on openSUSE. I've installed
torque-4.1 on the headnode

./configure --with-default-server=<my_server_name>
--with-server-home=/var/spool/torque --prefix=/usr/local/torque
make install
make packages

I have /usr/local/ NSF'd with my compute node(s).

When I copy ./torque-package-mom-linux-x86_64.sh and try to install the
package on the compute node I get errors such as:

tar: ./usr/local/torque/sbin/momctl: Cannot open: File exists
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
chown: changing ownership of `/./usr/local/torque/sbin/momctl': Invalid
chgrp: changing group of `/./usr/local/torque/sbin/momctl': Invalid argument

Given these packages are already present on the compute node, do I really
need to do this step (in a different way) or is there a better method to
install torque on my compute nodes that accounts for the shared binaries?

Michael Vandewege, Ph.D. Student
Graduate Research Assistant
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Email: mike.vandewege at gmail.com