[torqueusers] install torque-4.1 on compute

mike vandewege mike.vandewege at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:35:18 MDT 2012

I'm a noob, I'm building an HPC cluster on openSUSE. I've installed
torque-4.1 on the headnode

./configure --with-default-server=<my_server_name>
--with-server-home=/var/spool/torque --prefix=/usr/local/torque
make
make install
make packages

I have /usr/local/ NSF'd with my compute node(s).

When I copy ./torque-package-mom-linux-x86_64.sh and try to install the
package on the compute node I get errors such as:

tar: ./usr/local/torque/sbin/momctl: Cannot open: File exists
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
chown: changing ownership of `/./usr/local/torque/sbin/momctl': Invalid
argument
chgrp: changing group of `/./usr/local/torque/sbin/momctl': Invalid argument
etc.

Given these packages are already present on the compute node, do I really
need to do this step (in a different way) or is there a better method to
install torque on my compute nodes that accounts for the shared binaries?

Mike

--
Michael Vandewege, Ph.D. Student
Graduate Research Assistant