[torqueusers] Hardcoded CPU time limit?

Zachary, Brian S. zacharybs at ornl.gov
Mon Aug 20 12:40:27 MDT 2012

Hello,
We are running torque 3.0.2, and are seeing an issue where jobs that run longer than 10,000 hours are killed with a message similar to "PBS: job killed: cput job total 36010171 secs exceeded limit 36000000 secs". This despite that the queue we are seeing the problem on is configured with "resources_max.cput = 24000:00:00".

Does anyone know how to get around this limit, either through source modification, configuration changes, use a different version of torque, etc.?

Thanks,
Brian Zachary