[torqueusers] Torque 2.5 end-of-support

Craig Tierney craig.tierney at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 27 16:29:39 MDT 2012

On 8/24/12 2:47 AM, Pablo Fernandez wrote:
> Yes, I read that... and there is no explicit date of end, when others have.
>
> It seems strange that 2.4 and 3.0 are being discontinued, but not 2.5,
> hence the question. What I would like to know is that there is work
> being done on the 2.5 series, and it will be in the foreseeable future.
>
> Thanks,
> pablo

Pablo,

If I understand what I was told, the 3.0 branch was a fork of the 2.5 for
issues related to NUMA and CPUSets.  If you aren't using CPUsets, then
you should be using 2.5.X.  Since 4.X is out and provides CPUsets, I think
Adaptive is trying to push people off of the separate 3.X branch and get
them to the branch they are maintaining for everything.

Craig