[torqueusers] Gathering accounting information

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Aug 27 16:26:54 MDT 2012

On 08/27/2012 04:19 PM, Shade Alabsa wrote:
> I'm fairly new to Torque and I was trying to get a feel of how other
> people get their accounting information from Torque's accounting logs.
> I know it's possible to write a script that parses those logs but my
> scripting skills just aren't there yet and limited and previously we
> were using gold but due to complications after updating it Gold no
> longer works. I've looked for tools through google but most seem out
> of date or I couldn't find some sort of source code to look at. Thanks!
>
> Shade Alabsa

Hi Shade

Ole Holm Nielsen wrote a simple little set of bash scripts
[pbsacct, pestat] that parse and extract information from the accounting
logs.
That may be a good starting point:

ftp://ftp.fysik.dtu.dk/pub/Torque/

What I like most about them is that it is easy to tweak
with the scripts to show the information you need,
formatted the way you want.

For a visual snapshot of cluster use, I like Fotis Georgatos'
'qtop', which is also just a set of shell scripts built
on top of Torque's qstat command, and displays the
cluster occupancy in ASCII art:

http://fotis.web.cern.ch/fotis/QTOP/

Both tools are simple, no-frills, text based, customizable,
but effective, IMHO.

I hope this helps.
Gus Correa