[torqueusers] Node Priority

André Gemünd andre.gemuend at scai.fraunhofer.de
Mon Aug 20 23:55:46 MDT 2012

If you use Maui, you have a lot of powerful tools to deal with that.

The easiest way would be to specify MINRESOURCE node allocation, which
puts the jobs on the nodes with the least resources that still meet
the jobs constraints. That should automatically put all "normal" jobs
on the small nodes.
Then you can add priorization with node features / classes / groups, etc.
I'd also prioritize the jobs with requirements globally, and use the other
ones to backfill.

Greetings
André

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----