[torqueusers] Is it mandatory to configure ports during installation?

Guy Rapaport guy4261 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 05:24:50 MDT 2012

Hello,

I am installing Torque 4.0.1 according to these instructions:
http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/torque/4-0-1/torqueAdminGuide-4.0.1.pdf
Section 1.2.3 deals with Configuring Ports. However, after even if I don't
follow the instructions in this section, eventually I do get port numbers
for the different services:

pbs_server port is 15001
mom_service_port is 15002
mom_manager_port is 15003
15004 is not used AFAIK
trqauthd port is 15005

My question is - is it mandatory to follow these steps, i.e. launching
pbs_server with the proper arguments, editing /etc/services etc?

I am asking because after skipping this step, pbsnodes -a lists my only
node (I'm using the same machine as headnode, execution node and sumission
node) as with 'state = down', and I have no idea why.

Best regards,