[torqueusers] Call For Test Cases

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Apr 30 11:55:42 MDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM, DuChene, StevenX A <
stevenx.a.duchene at intel.com> wrote:

>  That is great but what use cases or QA tests are you already covering?***
> *
>
> ** **
>
> I am running torque-4.0.1 with maui-3.3.1 as the scheduler and I usually
> test with some simple MPI tests using openmpi-1.4.4 (what I have installed
> now). These MPI tests are simple things like hello world programs that run
> mpi tasks across several nodes and report back with task numbers and
> hostnames. I have some more complex MPI tests but the simple ones have to
> work first before I move onto them.****
>
> --****
>
> Steven DuChene

Steve,

There are currently a few hundred regression tests, but the bugs you've
found have helped us realize that especially in MPI integration our tests
aren't very good. Currently our test cases use pbsdsh to exercise the TM
interface and verify that it is working. We recognize that this is
inadequate and that's part of the reason we're doing this. You'd probably
be interested to know that regression tests are being written about the
cases that you've reported as part of fixing the bug (this is a
prerequisite for any bug to be considered fixed).

The first thing we plan to tackle in this initiative is to get some openmpi
regression tests written in addition to just using pbsdsh. Specific scripts
you'd like to see tested would be very helpful.

Currently, there are no regression tests written around Maui, and I
apologize as I know you did that testing for us. I will try to pull this in
to the initiative but I feel I should warn you that I know this will be
considered a lower priority than the MPI tests.

David