[torqueusers] Call For Test Cases

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Apr 30 10:57:35 MDT 2012

All,

I don't know how much of this has been announced officially to the
community, but for the past several months TORQUE has become more
integrated with our company's QA processes. We have had hundreds of new
regression tests written for TORQUE and as of 4.0 we have started writing
unit tests for TORQUE functions (obviously the unit tests are a work in
progress). We're really excited about the fact that TORQUE is getting more
QA love from our company and we feel its going to help us produce far more
reliable releases.

However, one problem we face is that sometimes our test cases aren't
matching up well with what some of our users are doing, especially when it
comes to integrating with different pieces of middleware. We would love to
start creating regression tests (or adapting existing ones) to match
people's use cases more fully. Obviously, I can't promise that all of the
test cases will be written this week, but this is something our company is
committed to. We know that improving this will only make all of our lives
easier.

What we're hoping to receive would be detailed use cases that should be
tested. Please remember that most of our QA team aren't experts in TORQUE,
so the use cases should be explained in as much detail as possible - step
by step instructions are excellent. If it requires using a specific
library, or a specific MPI, etc., please include how to download these
things. Additionally, if you have some test scripts that mirror what your
users do in production, I'm sure our QA guys would appreciate it. Please
submit these use cases through bugzilla so that we can keep them as
organized as possible. We appreciate your help as we try to greatly improve
the quality of TORQUE.

--
David Beer | Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing