[torqueusers] assigning resources to a queue

Christina Salls christina.salls at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 24 10:21:41 MDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Gus Correa <gus at ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:

> On 04/24/2012 12:00 PM, Christina Salls wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> >        I tried using that synax and had a problem:
> >
> > Qmgr: set queue hydrology resources_default.need_nodes=<n020>
>
> The syntax takes just the node name, I believe:
>
> set queue hydrology resources_default.need_nodes=n020
>

> Thanks Gus, I unset the resource and reset it without the brackets.
Qmgr: unset queue hydrology resources_default.neednodes
Qmgr: set queue hydrology resources_default.neednodes= n020
Qmgr: print queue hydrology
#
#
#
# Create and define queue hydrology
#
create queue hydrology
set queue hydrology queue_type = Execution
set queue hydrology resources_default.neednodes = n020
set queue hydrology enabled = True
set queue hydrology started = True

> > qmgr obj=hydrology svr=default: Unknown resource type
> >   resources_default.need_nodes
> >
> > This is what ended up working for me.  Thanks again for your help!
> >
> > Qmgr: set queue hydrology resources_default.neednodes=<n020>
> > Qmgr: print queue hydrology
> > #
> > # Create queues and set their attributes.
> > #
> > #
> > # Create and define queue hydrology
> > #
> > create queue hydrology
> > set queue hydrology queue_type = Execution
> > set queue hydrology resources_default.neednodes = <n020>
> > set queue hydrology enabled = True
> > set queue hydrology started = True
> > Qmgr:
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Christina Salls
> > <christina.salls at noaa.gov <mailto:christina.salls at noaa.gov>> wrote:
> >

> >     On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM, David Beer
> >     <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com <mailto:dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com>>
> >     wrote:
> >
> >         Christina
> >
> >         To make the hydrology queue request <specific node> by default -
> >
> >         'set queue hydrology resources_default.need_nodes=<specific
> node>'
> >
> >         David
> >

> >     Thanks David!!
> >

> > --