[torqueusers] doubt of running job on infiniband network

Coyle, James J [ITACD] jjc at iastate.edu
Mon Apr 23 11:04:33 MDT 2012

Preface:
  I assume that you mean that you have a "question"
about running on an infinband network, rather than
being "skeptical" about whether you can run a job on an
infinband network.

  Whatever application you want to use the Infiniband
connection has to have Infiniband support compiled in.

   Typically, the application is MPI.  If so, you will need to
install MPI (usually openmpi) with Infiniband support.
For openmpi compiled this way, communication uses IB if it is
available, otherwise it will use IP (Ethernet) communication.

James Coyle, PhD
 High Performance Computing Group
 Iowa State Univ.
web: http://jjc.public.iastate.edu/