[torqueusers] NUMA -- A first try

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 19 15:01:21 MDT 2012

On Wednesday, 18 April 2012, at 23:29:59 (+0000),
Svancara, Randall wrote:

> Just a heads up, the reason NUMA was not being built in the RPM is
> because the buildutils/torque.spec.in file does not include the
> %{ac_with_numa} parameter in the ./configure section.  Otherwise a
> regular build would work fine.
>
> 187c184
> <     --with-server-home=%{torque_home} --with-sendmail=%{sendmail_path} %{ac_with_numa} \
> ---
> >     --with-server-home=%{torque_home} --with-sendmail=%{sendmail_path} \

That's one reason.  The other reason is that "--with numa" isn't
supported by "make rpm" yet.

Only a small subset of the available --with and --without rpmbuild
options are supported by "make rpm" as this is not the standard,
"accepted" method of building RPM packages.  The "make rpm" system is
there solely for people who would, for whatever reason, rather specify
all their customizations at ./configure time instead of rpmbuild
time.  It's use is not recommended in the general case.  Instead, use
rpmbuild directly, e.g.:

./configure
make dist
rpmbuild -ta --with numa --with blcr torque-4.0.1.tar.gz

If you really do want to use "make rpm" anyway, support will need to
be added to configure.ac for it.  Look for occurances of RPM_AC_OPTS
in configure.ac to see how the existing support was done.

> I could exactly figure it out as I am still learning about spec
> files, but these lines may also need to change:
>

> 19c19
> < #%bcond_with    blcr
> ---
> > %bcond_with    blcr
> 25c25
> < #%bcond_with    numa
> ---
> > %bcond_with    numa
> 35,37d34
> < %bcond_without bclr
> < %bcond_without numa
> <

No, you don't want to do that.  Those should not be on by default.

And you don't want to comment out macros using #.  While some macros
can be disabled this way, many cannot (the most common troublemaker
being %patch).  Either double the percent sign or remove it before
adding the pound sign:

#%%macro

or

#macro