[torqueusers] can user limit max jobs running

Sreedhar Manchu sm4082 at nyu.edu
Wed Apr 18 08:52:41 MDT 2012

Hi Ashish,

I don't know whether user can do this by issuing one simple command. Easiest way would be to make second set of 20 jobs depend on first 20. So at any time there would be only 20 jobs running. You can write a simple script to achieve this. If you want I can show you how to do it. Anyway check our qsub tutorial for dependancy and other stuff like getting job numbers into variables so that you can use them in scripts.

Sreedhar.

--
Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity and any typos.