[torqueusers] can user limit max jobs running

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:22:12 MDT 2012

I've read some posts about how an admin can limit the maximum number of
jobs a user can run. But I'd like to know if a user can him/herself limit
the number of jobs *running*, ideally jobs within the same job array.

The use case is that I would like to submit 500 I/O intensive jobs. Each
job only requires a single core, so potentially all jobs could start
running on our cluster overloading the storage system. Thus, I'd like to
say "amongst all 500 jobs in this job array, run at most 20 at a time". Is
that possible?

Thank you.