[torqueusers] Does anyone use #shared?

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Fri Apr 13 01:00:56 MDT 2012

I have no objection.

We are keen on using cpusets and allocating/dedicating cores.  We did run a custom setup for many years with a 'overload' queue which put jobs in a special shared cpuset and faked the number of cpus to make the scheduler work compatibly. The facility was not valued by the user-base. We've more-or-less abandoned that idea now that we're using the cpuset integration in torque which would not easily support such a model - and don't care much.

In any case, we never used they #shared feature.

Gareth